Monday, August 8, 2022

Let's Talk!-God

Do you believe God answers prayer? Do you believe God answers your prayers? If you don’t believe God answers prayer, why would you pray? If you don’t believe God could answer your prayers, why would you pray?

The reason why I start my day at 0-dark-hundred is that I believe that God answers my prayers. It is a sacred time where I sit down, journal, read Scripture, talk to God, and share with Him just what’s on my heart. I need God. Call me weak. Ok, I know that. But I need God.

Throughout the Bible, you can read about men and women who believed God answered prayers and prayed like crazy. People like Abraham, Hannah, Moses, Paul, Daniel, David, Nehemiah, and even Jesus to name a few.  Reading the Bible really helps me understand prayer as well! I see in the Bible that not everyone had their prayers answered the way they wanted them answered. God might know that the thing you’re praying for is not the best thing for you or that someone you’re praying for. Just remember, He always wants the best for us! Always.

Sometimes, the answer is “wait.” Oh, boy, I know about waiting! I prayed and prayed for a husband for a long time and God finally answered my prayers! What if I had given up praying? What if I doubted Him? Even though hard at times, I never doubted that He would provide His very best for me. And He did. Ben!

I would just love for you to understand how personal God is. He longs to be in a relationship with You. Check out this amazing passage in 2 Kings 20:4-6:

 “And it happened before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, “Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you.”

Did you see how personal God is? “I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears.” Do you believe that?

Did you know that He knows every struggle you’re going through?
Do you believe that He knows where you got your wounds and scars?
Did you know that He saw the tears that you shed recently?
Did you know that God knows all your fears?
Do you believe that He weeps when you weep?  
Did you know He knows when your heart is hardened toward Him?


Beth Moore writes “The weakest person praying is stronger than the mightiest one who’s not.” Call me weak, but prayer is where I get my strength.
God is so personal and truly the air that I breathe! Take a listen! That's "Who You Are to Me" with Lady A @ Chris Tomlin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJdp4V2itXw

Nancy Abbott is the Chaplain of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment