Monday, October 9, 2023

Groceries MIA

This week, I had a grocery faux pas. I didn’t even realize my faux pas until 3 days later. I looked everywhere for three items from my recent shop. Missing in action were my HEB chicken fajitas, asparagus, and garlic. I inspected the back of my car and the refrigerator with no sightings of the items.

Finally, I called HEB and talked to a young man named Damian. He asked me what items I was missing, and I told him. Guess what? He said, “I was there that day and remember seeing those exact items in a bag. So, of course, you can either get a refund or pick up those items and we’ll compensate you.”

I go to HEB Plus, which means this store is super big with lots of people, lots of registers, and lots of staff. I called on a Friday night and got a man who knew exactly what I had gotten and couldn’t wait to make it right and provide for me.

I got off the phone and wanted to tell the whole world how great HEB is! That was such a positive experience!

I’m reminded of how attentive our God is to all our needs. In 2 Chronicles 16:9 it says “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him.” Can you believe that God sees everything you’re going through and not just you, but EVERY person on the face of this earth? He is all-knowing. He is constantly present. He is aware of every detail of our lives. In addition, God is looking to strengthen people whose hearts are wholeheartedly trusting Him.

Did you know that God cares about everything? (even chicken fajitas, asparagus and garlic) God loves to take care of us even when we may not have even asked for help! 1 Peter 5:7 says “Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.” He cares for you. Do you know that? He cares about what you care about. I think we sometimes think…..”God is too busy for me.  He couldn’t possibly care about this tiny little thing I care about. I can’t ask Him for help!”  He WANTS us to cast all our anxieties on Him. Why? Because He cares. For you. He cares about your needs. He cares about your job. He cares about your relationships. He cares about everything.

There is nothing too insignificant to bring to God. There is nothing too small to involve God. God wants to walk with You and me and share in the little and big things of your life. You matter to God. 
Take a listen: Every Hour, by David Leonard, Josh Baldwin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0IFkkECkqY

Nancy Abbott is the Chaplain of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment