Thursday, October 28, 2021

Tweet of the Day

My social media of choice is Twitter. I love following sports, interesting people, and just strange information I would find nowhere else. Last night, I came upon what I’ll call the tweet of the day.

Tweet of the DayDescribe what you do for a living, but make it sound scary.
The responses were hilarious to read! Here were a few:

“I’m a stay-at-home mom.”

“I like going into hospitals so I can introduce strangers to babies, and I don’t even try to intervene when the strangers leave with the babies. I let them walk right past security and I never say a word.”

“I meet in a closed-door council to pass judgment on others. Then we publish our opinions on the internet.”

“I count to three or four whilst flailing my arms threateningly at large groups of people who in turn breathe and then shout loudly in response.”

“I spell out letters to a Village People song over and over, while caring for others who do the same thing.”

“I know where you live. I could show up at any time. You might get an alert; you may even see me on camera. But I am so quick you might wonder if I even came by. No matter what… I am sure I’ll come back by.”


Hopefully, you guessed these professions most of these. I had to wonder about God’s work? What do you think He does every day? Do you really know? Have you considered who He is and why He’s important?

Exodus 34:6-7a says “And He (The Lord), passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, ‘The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion, and sin.”

God used these words to describe himself in the Old Testament. God’s declaration of describing himself is beautiful! It means that I can run to God 24/7 and never have to run away from God. God is basically saying “This is who I Am. “I’m compassionate. I’m loving. I’m gracious. I’m slow to anger. I’m faithful. I’m forgiving.”

Do you believe that God is that personal, that loving and that forgiving?  Have you misunderstood who God is? 

Nancy Abbott is the Chaplain of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment