Monday, October 14, 2019

Hold On To Your Faith

Sometimes, I admit, it’s hard to trust God. I can pray and pray about something and yet struggle to believe God will answer my prayer. I keep praying, but deep down, I can doubt God at times.
This last week, we found out that our precious dog Zoe has a mass on her liver. She’s only 5 years old and we’re a bit shocked at the test results. We’re praying like crazy that God would heal through surgical means. But will He?
I need to remind myself of a proven fact today. Luke 1:37 says “Nothing will be impossible with God.” Beth Moore writes “He delights in defying the odds stacked against us. If we’re growing out of our belief that He can do the impossible, we’re not growing. We’re shrinking. Hold onto your faith.”
How often have you mentally checked in your head these words, “This is impossible” regarding your current situation? Where do you need God to do something BIG in your work, relationships, future, finances, etc? Where do you need to hold on to your faith and NOT LET GO?
For me personally, I need to start this week knowing that God is and can be trusted, no matter what the outcome. Turning to Scriptures helps me. Check out these Scriptures and make them your prayer today.
"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.” Psalm 62:8
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1
"In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me.” Psalm 86:7
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8
May God bless you and help you run to Him with every challenge in your life, big or small! He is faithful and trustworthy..... always. Hold on to your faith! 
Nancy Abbott is the Chaplain of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment