Monday, July 15, 2019

A Place for You

It seems that we all need to feel like we fit. We all want a place that we can call home. A place that we feel like we belong. A place that we feel welcome. A place where we won’t feel rejected, but accepted in love.
Sadly, that’s not always the case. Many of you reading this have felt the sting of rejection. You’ve experience the pain of abuse. You know what it feels like to be an outcast. You’ve questioned your worth. You’ve wondered if you really belong, especially as it relates to God and His crowd.
Everyone of us have stories that shape us. Much of our story has beautiful parts, But, some parts of our story are deep, hidden, painful and lonely.  We wonder if others would really want to know us if they knew our whole story? Those parts of the story we prefer to hide and act like nothing happened, even though something did happen.
Some years back, I went through something that no one should ever have to endure. It shouldn’t have happened in the place it happened. In a brief period of time, I went from feeling that there was a place for me to having my heart ripped open by betrayal, deceit and more.
For those of you who relate in the slightest bit to this, please know I am so very sorry for the pain you endured. No matter who did what to you or what you endured, God longs to heal you and give you a hope and a future. He is so FOR you! 
Our Father God loves us so much and by the way, has a very special place for you. Right beside Him! He loves you and is not embarrassed by you. He does not avoid you or look down on you or reject you or fail to acknowledge you. God thinks you matter and that you’re cool, beloved and created in His image. You are His. You are precious. He is well pleased with you.
There IS a place for you. It may not be where you thought it would be. But, it’s right next to a loving God who will go the distance to capture your heart. God’s love will wreck you in all the right ways. Find a quiet spot, take 5:33 minutes and check out this song. Let God love on you a bit…..
“Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights ‘til I’m found, leaves the ninety-nine
I couldn’t earn it, and I don’t deserver it,
Still, you give Yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
 
There’s no shadow You won’t light up
Mountain You won’t climb up
Coming after me
There’s no wall You won’t kick down
Lie You won’t tear down
Coming after me…… (continued)
Reckless Love lyrics @ Bethel Music Publishing (Cory Asbury)
Nancy Abbott is the Chaplain of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment